Family Matters @School
Triple P – Positive Parenting Program ® is a parenting and family support system designed to prevent, as well as, treat behavioural and emotional problems in children and teenagers. It aims to prevent problems in the family, school and community before they arise and to create family environments that encourage children to realise their potential.
Targeted at P3 & P4 students, parents of these 2 levels will be invited to attend 3 seminars and one to one consultations with a certified trainer in Triple P.
Dates of Seminars are as follows:-
Seminar 1 - Power of Positive Parenting
Date/Time - Saturday, 15 July 2017, 9am – 11am
Introduction of 5 core principles of positive parenting:
* Having a safe, interesting environment for children.
* Having a positive learning environment.
* Using assertive discipline.
* Having realistic expectations.
* Taking care of yourself as a parent.
Seminar 2 - Raising Confident & Competent Children
Date/Time - Saturday, 5 Aug 2017, 9am-11am
* Imparting important values & skills.
* Encouraging respect & cooperation.
* Learning to be independent.
* Develop healthy self-esteem.
* Working well with others.
* Learning to be good problem-solvers.
Seminar 3 - Raising Resilient Children
Date/Time - Saturday 26 Aug 2017, 9am -11am
This topic focuses on helping children learn emotion regulation skills. Parents are often uncertain about how to respond to children's expression of emotions in ways that help children learn to manage their feelings.
Parenting Talk 1 – Angry and Stressful Child
Date / Time : Friday 24 March 2017, 3pm – 5pm
Are you in a situation where it seems like your child is not responding to you? Is your child constantly erupting into spurts of anger without any reason? Do you know that anger and stress symptoms are very similar? What is happening to that little obedient child?
Come and learn some tips on how you can help your child deal with the following:
1. What are the symptoms of Stress? -Emotional respond and Physical signs
2. Toxic coping styles
3. Ways to deal with a heated child
4. Using “Choice Theory” to Explain Anger and Stress
5. Self care methods for care takers
Please watch out for more programmes on our website page. You can contact our Family Matters @ School Coordinator for more information.
FamilyMatters@School Coordinator - Mdm Rosita Sharif
Email Address -email@example.com
Handphone No. - 96277774